Púbol Castle: a Magic Castle (3 to 5 years)
Visit at Pre-School
Details of the Visit
- Duration of the visit: approx. 1 hour.
- Group: maximum of 25 pupils/educational guide.
- Cost: 95 € /educational guide.
- Ticket to museum: free for children aged under 9 years. 1 teacher free /10 pupils.
- Pupils must be accompanied by teachers throughout the visit.
- The guided visit is approached as a visit for discovering Salvador Dalí and his museums. If you are planning to prepare the visit in advance, we would recommend that you consult our website, where you will find plenty of information (biography, works, museums, etc.). You can also consult the publications we list at the end of this page. You should bear in mind, however, that these are “discovery” visits and, as such, we would recommend that you reserve a substantial amount of the work for after the visit.
Visit to Púbol Castle based on discovering Dalí’s various fantastic and magical animals to be found there. For a day, we will become explorers around the Castle’s rooms and garden and, in addition to the animals, we will be spotting various features that make this a different and magical castle.
- To discover Púbol Castle in a play-oriented, fun way.
- To look at the Castle’s decorative features as Dalí’s artistic work.
- To distinguish the various indoor and outdoor areas of the Castle and find out about their uses.
- To recognise the various Dalinian animals on the basis of observation, riddles, etc.
- To identify and describe the shapes, colours and textures of the various animals we will be working on during the visit.
- To stimulate curiosity through discovery of the animals and of the Castle in general.
- To foster the pleasure of observing, finding out about and discovering an artistic space.
- To take part in team work and share the experiences gained over the course of the visit.
- To learn to respect the museum and the people visiting it.
Suggestions for Follow-up Work
- Writing a made-up song dedicated to the Púbol Castle animals. For three- and four-year-old children the song we suggest is devoted to the elephants (The Elephants’ Song), while for five-year olds we would suggest a song that takes in all the animals we have seen at the Castle: The Animals’ Song.
- Making a mobile decoration with drawings of the Púbol Castle animals (three- and four-year-old children).
- Painting an elephant with lobster legs, using different artistic techniques and procedures (five-year olds).
- Consulting books, stories, DVDs, CDs and the Gala-Salvador Dalí Foundation website to look for more works featuring the animals we have identified and worked on during the visit to Púbol Castle.
- Completing the “Dalinian Triangle” with visits to the Dalí Museum in Figueres and the Salvador Dalí House in Portlligat.
- Salvador Dalí. Colouring Album, Carme SANGLAS, DAS edicions, Figueres, 2001 (Catalan, Spanish, French and English). 3rd edition.
- Petit Diccionari Dalí (Brief Dalí Dictionary), DAS edicions, Figueres, 2001.
- Dalí and the Path of Dreams, A. OBIOLS, Ed. Lumen, Barcelona, 2003 (Catalan, Spanish and English).
- Salvador Dalí, Paint Me a Dream, M. GISBERT, Ed. Serres, Barcelona, 2003 (Catalan, Spanish, French and English).
- Descobreix el joc de Dalí (Discover the Dalí Game), A. RIVEROL, Ed. Destino, Barcelona, 2004 (Catalan and Spanish).
- Lucia in Search of the Lioness’s Tracks, Marina GARCIA, Ed. Serres, Barcelona, 2004 (Catalan, Spanish, French and English).
- Dalí by Dalí, DVD, Barcelona Multimèdia/ Gala-Salvador Dalí Foundation, Barcelona, 2003 (Catalan, Spanish, French, English, German and Italian).
- Dalí’s Games, CD-Rom, Barcelona Multimèdia/ Gala-Salvador Dalí Foundation, Barcelona, 2003 (Catalan, Spanish, French, English, German). For children aged 7 to 9/10 years.