Cat. no. P 426
- c. 1933
- Oil on canvas
- 90 x 115.5 cm
- Unsigned and undated
- Private collection
- Mrs. John Pitney
This painting is entitled "Mid-day" for we believe it corresponds to the painting Dalí presented at the exhibition held at the l'Alex.Reid & Lefevre Gallery in London during the months of June and July 1936, number 1.
- 1936, London, Alex, Reid & Lefevre, Ltd., Salvador Dali, 01/06/1936 - 31/07/1936, cat. no. 1
- 1936, New York, Julien Levy Gallery, Souvenir - Catalogue, 10/12/1936 - 09/01/1937, cat. no. 15
- 1941, New York, The Museum of Modern Art, Salvador Dalí, 19/11/1941 - 11/01/1942, cat. no. 28
- James Thrall Soby, Salvador Dalí, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1941, p. 58
- A. Oriol Anguera, Mentira y verdad de Salvador Dalí, Cobalto, Barcelona, 1948, p. XXII
- Luis Romero, Todo Dalí en un rostro, Blume, Barcelona | Madrid, 1975, p. 80
- A. M. Hammacher, Phantoms of the imagination : fantasy in art and literature from Blake to Dali, Harry N. Abrams, New York, 1981, p. 301
- Robert Descharnes, Gilles Néret, Salvador Dalí, 1904 -1989, Benedikt Taschen, Köln, 1994, p. 263
The copyright on Salvador Dalí's works, included those that are reproduced in this Web page, is held by the Spanish State and has been granted in exclusivity to the Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí.
Pursuant to intellectual property laws in force, the total or partial reproduction, distribution, transformation, public communication, interactively making available to the public, as well as any other exploitation, by any means, of the works included in this Web page is prohibited.
Any exploitation of Salvador Dalí's works is subject to the prior application and clearance of the relevant licence issued by VEGAP (tel. 91 532 66 32 and 93 201 03 31 ; www.vegap.es). Copyright infringement will be prosecuted according to Laws.