Cat. no. P 622
- c. 1937
- Oil on canvas
- 74.9 x 108 cm
- Signed lower right corner at a later date: Dalí
- Private collection
- Edward James
- John La Touche, New York
- Knoedler Gallery, New York
- Catherine Moore
- Auctioned at Christie's, London, June 21st, 1993
- Private collection
- Auctioned at Sotheby's, New York, November 8th, 1995
It seems likely that this was the work Dalí showed in the "Exposition Internationale du Surréalisme" at the Galerie Beaux-Arts in Paris during January and February 1938 under the title "En batet".
- 1938, Pittsburg, Carnegie Institute, The 1938 international exhibition of paintings, 13/10/1938 - 04/12/1938, cat. no. 264
- 1946, Boston, The Institute of Modern Art, Four Spaniards : Dali, Gris, Miro, Picasso, 24/01/1946 - 03/03/1946, cat. no. 7
- 1977, Montrouge, Salon de Montrouge, Dalí : peintures, sculptures, dessins, 04/05/1977 - 05/06/1977, cat. no. 10
- 1981, Heidelberg, Schloss Heidelberg, Dalí: Gemälde, Zeichnungen, Objekte, Skulpturen, 02/10/1981 - 04/11/1981, no reference
- 1982, Perpignan, Palais des Rois de Majorque, Salvador Dalí, 1904 : huiles, dessins, sculptures, August - September 1982, cat. no. 28
- 1983, Toulouse, Réfectoire des Jacobins, Dali à Toulouse, November 1983 - January 1984, no reference
- The 1938 international exhibition of paintings, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburg, 1938, il. 41
- Dalí, La Gran Enciclopedia Vasca, Bilbao, 1974, p. 22
- Hommage à Dali, Centre Artistique et Littéraire de Rochechouart, Rochechouart, (1980), n. p.
- Salvador Dalí : Gemälde, Zeichnungen, Objekte, Skulpturen, Rudolf A. Hüngerle, Heidelberg, 1981, p. 99
- Dali à Perpignan, Gerhard Habarta, Vienne, 1982, il. 28
- Dali à Toulouse, Gerhard Habarta, Vienne, 1983, n. p.
- Robert Descharnes, Gilles Néret, Salvador Dalí, 1904 -1989, Benedikt Taschen, Köln, 1994, p. 396
The copyright on Salvador Dalí's works, included those that are reproduced in this Web page, is held by the Spanish State and has been granted in exclusivity to the Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí.
Pursuant to intellectual property laws in force, the total or partial reproduction, distribution, transformation, public communication, interactively making available to the public, as well as any other exploitation, by any means, of the works included in this Web page is prohibited.
Any exploitation of Salvador Dalí's works is subject to the prior application and clearance of the relevant licence issued by VEGAP (tel. 91 532 66 32 and 93 201 03 31 ; www.vegap.es). Copyright infringement will be prosecuted according to Laws.