Cat. no. P 1038
- c. 1959
- Oil on stone
- 5 x 4.5 cm
- Signed and dated lower left at a later date: Dalí /1974
- Inscribed lower right: Pour Gala / Dalí / 1974
- Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí, Figueres
- Artist's collection
Although this work, which hangs in the dining room of the Gala Dalí Castle in Púbol, was dedicated to Gala in 1974, we date it to c. 1959 on the basis of a conversation between Antoni Pitxot and Salvador Dalí.
- Antoni Pitxot, Josep Playà i Maset, Castell Gala Dalí : el camí de Púbol, Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí, Escudo de oro, [Figueres], [Barcelona], 1997, p. 49
- Antoni Pitxot, Montse Aguer i Teixidor, Jordi Puig, Casa - Museu Castell Gala Dalí : Púbol, Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí, Triangle Postals, [Figueres], Sant Lluís, Menorca, 2011, p. 104 (indirect image)
The copyright on Salvador Dalí's works, included those that are reproduced in this Web page, is held by the Spanish State and has been granted in exclusivity to the Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí.
Pursuant to intellectual property laws in force, the total or partial reproduction, distribution, transformation, public communication, interactively making available to the public, as well as any other exploitation, by any means, of the works included in this Web page is prohibited.
Any exploitation of Salvador Dalí's works is subject to the prior application and clearance of the relevant licence issued by VEGAP (tel. 91 532 66 32 and 93 201 03 31 ; www.vegap.es). Copyright infringement will be prosecuted according to Laws.