Birth of a Goddess
Cat. no. P 776
Birth of a Goddess
- Oil on wood panel
- 36 x 26 cm
- Signed and dated lower right corner: Dali 1960
- Private collection
- Drue Heinz collection, New York
According to the "News" dated December 11, 1960, this painting was shown at the exhibition held at the Carstairs Gallery, New York, from November 1960 to January1961. The exhibition catalogue does not mention the painting, but the "News" article indicates that this work was included as part of the show.
- 1960, New York, Carstairs Gallery, Salvador Dali, December 1960 - January 1961, not included in catalogue
- 1965, New York, Gallery of Modern Art, Salvador Dalí, 1910-1965, 18/12/1965 - 13/03/1966, addendum p. 4
- 1989, Stuttgart, Staatsgalerie, Salvador Dalí, 1904-1989, 13/05/1989 - 23/07/1989, cat. no. 267
- Michael Lenson, "Surrealist", News, 11/12/1960, Newark, N.j., n. p. (detail)
- Dali by Dali, Harry N. Abrams, New York, 1970, p. 13 (detail)
- Dali par Dali, Draeger, [Paris], 1970, p. 13 (detail)
- José Angelo Gaiarsa, Respiraçao e imaginaçao, Jose Angelo Gaiarsa, Sao Paulo, 1971, p. 81 (detail)
- Luis Romero, Todo Dalí en un rostro, Blume, Barcelona, Madrid, 1975, p. 234
- Ignacio Gómez de Liaño, Dalí, Polígrafa, Barcelona, 1983, cover, il. 119
- Salvador Dalí Domenech, "Dalí: esplendor y ocaso [coberta]", Tele Radio, 15/04/1983, Madrid, p. 17 (detail)
- Dalí, Sarpe, Madrid, 1984, il. 46, p. 92
- Josep Vallès i Rovira, Dalí delit Empordà, Carles Vallès, Figueres, 1987, p. 146
- Salvador Dalí, 1904-1989, Gerd Hatje, Stuttgart, 1989, p. 353
- René Passeron, Salvador Dalí, Ars Mundi, [S.l.], 1990, p. 101
- Robert Descharnes, Gilles Néret, Salvador Dalí, 1904 -1989, Benedikt Taschen, Köln, 1994, p. 533
- Lluís Llongueras, Todo Dalí : vida y obra del personaje más genial y espectacular del siglo XX, Generalitat de Catalunya, [Barcelona], 2003, p. LXXVIII
The copyright on Salvador Dalí's works, included those that are reproduced in this Web page, is held by the Spanish State and has been granted in exclusivity to the Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí.
Pursuant to intellectual property laws in force, the total or partial reproduction, distribution, transformation, public communication, interactively making available to the public, as well as any other exploitation, by any means, of the works included in this Web page is prohibited.
Any exploitation of Salvador Dalí's works is subject to the prior application and clearance of the relevant licence issued by VEGAP (tel. 91 532 66 32 and 93 201 03 31 ; www.vegap.es). Copyright infringement will be prosecuted according to Laws.