The investigation of the sculptural work by Salvador Dalí is beginning to give its first results after a lengthy period of study and reflection. Since the end of 2011 the Centre for Dalinian Studies has concentrated on examining the complexity of Dalí's process of creating sculpture and on seeking points of consensus on some of the more controversial aspects, from the specifics of the conception and execution of the works and the problems posed by some of the contracts signed by the artist to the posthumous editions that continue to be produced today.
The main objectives of this presentation are: to provide a first approach to the characteristics of the artist's sculptural work, set out the criteria for its cataloguing and establish the grounds for the authentication of works that will comprise the Catalogue Raisonné of Sculpture and Three-Dimensional Work by Salvador Dalí. All of the information can be found in the following sections:
- Chronology of the sculptural work of Salvador Dalí
- Precedents for the study of the sculptural work of Salvador Dalí
- Artistic criteria of the Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí in relation to sculpture and three-dimensional work. Classification proposal
- Authentication of sculpture and three-dimensional work by Salvador Dalí
- Bases for the Catalogue Raisonné of Sculpture and Three-dimensional work by Salvador Dalí