Dalí Theatre-Museum. Dalí’s Dreams (5 years)
Visit at Pre-School
Details of the Visit
- Duration of the visit: approx. 1 hour.
- Group: maximum 25 boys and girls/ educational guide.
- Cost: 98 €/ educational guide.
- Ticket to the museum: free for children aged under 9 years. 1 teacher free /10 pupils.
- Pupils must be accompanied by teachers throughout the visit.
- We would recommend taking first the visit “Púbol Castle: a Magical Castle”.
Other Information of Interest
The Dalí Theatre-Museum is one of the Spanish State’s most frequently visited museums. So that you can discover it under the best conditions and at the same time enjoy the guided visit, we would recommend that you visit it between November and February, thereby avoiding the crowds which go there over the rest of the year.
The visit we are offering has a specific duration (between one hour for the youngest children and two hours for older students) and covers a route very carefully chosen to suit the pupils’ ages and the content we aim to convey to them. Please bear in mind that we do not aim to show them ALL the works nor ALL the rooms of the Museum in a single visit.
The guided visit is approached as a visit for discovering Salvador Dalí and his museums. If you are planning to prepare the visit in advance, we would recommend that you consult our website, where you will find plenty of information (biography, works, museums, etc.). You can also consult the publications we list at the end of this page. You should bear in mind, however, that these are “discovery” visits and, as such, we would recommend that you reserve a substantial amount of the work for after the visit.
Visit to discover the Dalí Theatre-Museum, structured around a story that will allow us to acquaint ourselves in a fun and developmental way with the life and personality of Salvador Dalí. We will be discovering the Theatre-Museum, a magical area full of imagination and dreams that will lead the children to have an enriching and magical experience.
- To discover Salvador Dalí and the Theatre-Museum in a play-oriented way.
- To gain a closer acquaintance with the work of Salvador Dalí by means of observation, direct contact with the works of art and the boys’ and girls’ involvement.
- To appreciate the relationship between the artist’s life and work.
- To stimulate the children’s curiosity based on the story we will be telling.
- To see imagination as a basic feature of Salvador Dalí’s creative process.
- To foster the pleasure of observing, finding out about and discovering an artistic oeuvre.
- To learn to respect the Museum and the people visiting it.
Suggestions for Follow-up Work
- Making a mural of the dreams using various pictorial techniques and explaining the process in a letter we will send to Salvador Dalí.
- Discovering Dalí’s fantastic and imaginary animals at Púbol Castle in order to understand what the painter’s and his wife Gala’s life was like in their more private and everyday settings. From this objective, we would recommend the visit we offer for pre-school children: “Púbol Castle: a Magical Castle”.
- Consulting bibliography about Salvador Dalí (books, stories, videos, DVDs, CD-Roms, etc.) and internet: www.salvador-dali.org, where you will find materials that can be used to complete the mural.
- Salvador Dalí. Colouring Album, Carme SANGLAS, DAS edicions, Figueres, 2001 (Catalan, Spanish, French and English). 3rd edition.
- Petit Diccionari Dalí (Brief Dalí Dictionary), DAS edicions, Figueres, 2001.
- Dalí and the Path of Dreams, A. OBIOLS, Ed. Lumen, Barcelona, 2003 (Catalan, Spanish and English).
- Salvador Dalí, Paint Me a Dream, M. GISBERT, Ed. Serres, Barcelona, 2003 (Catalan, Spanish, French and English).
- Descobreix el joc de Dalí (Discover the Dalí Game), A. RIVEROL, Ed. Destino, Barcelona, 2004 (Catalan and Spanish).
- Lucia in Search of the Lioness’s Tracks, Marina GARCIA, Ed. Serres, Barcelona, 2004 (Catalan, Spanish, French and English).
- Dalí by Dalí, DVD, Barcelona Multimèdia/ Gala-Salvador Dalí Foundation, Barcelona, 2003 (Catalan, Spanish, French, English, German and Italian).
- Dalí’s Games, CD-Rom, Barcelona Multimèdia/ Gala-Salvador Dalí Foundation, Barcelona, 2003 (Catalan, Spanish, French, English, German). For children aged 7 to 9/10 years.
Your opinion is of great importance to us
If you have already visited us through this service, download this document and fill it in.
Please, send it to us at difusio at fundaciodali.org