Púbol: Let’s Discover Gala’s and Dalí’s Castle
Visit at Lower Primary School
Details of the Visit
- Duration of the visit: approx. 1 hour 30 min.
- Group: maximum of 25 pupils/ educational guide.
- Cost: 95 €/ educational guide.
- Ticket to museum: free for children aged under 9 years. 5 €/ pupil from age 9 years. 1 teacher free/10 pupils.
- Pupils must be accompanied by teachers throughout the visit.
- The guided visit is approached as a visit for discovering Salvador Dalí and his museums. If you are planning to prepare the visit in advance, we would recommend that you consult our website, where you will find plenty of information (biography, works, museums, etc.). You can also consult the publications we list at the end of this page. You should bear in mind, however, that these are “discovery” visits and, as such, we would recommend that you reserve a substantial amount of the work for after the visit.
Visit that hinges around the quest for an old book, the book of Púbol Castle, written by the Castle’s various inhabitants. The book will mark out the course of the route around the Castle on the basis of enigmas and discovery games that will allow us to gain a closer acquaintance with the various rooms and an understanding of what they mean.
- To discover Salvador Dalí and Púbol Castle in a play-oriented way.
- To observe the characteristic features of a castle and the intervention of the various inhabitants over the course of time.
- To discover the decorative features of the Castle as artistic works by Dalí.
- To discover the decorative features as Gala’s home.
- To develop a capacity for curiosity based on discovery of the various enigmas and tests.
- To take part in team work and share the experiences gained over the course of the visit.
- To foster the pleasure of observing, finding out about and discovering an artistic work.
- To learn to respect the artistic and human setting.
Suggestions for Follow-up Work
- Writing a letter addressed to Salvador Dalí, describing the experience the pupils have had visiting Púbol Castle.
- Making a mural with the “Enigmas of Púbol Castle”, inventing enigmas, riddles, games, drawings, etc., along the lines of those worked on during the visit.
- Writing a book between all the pupils about the experience of the Castle.
- Giving the imagination scope on the basis of the animals, the decor of an indoor area, garden ornaments, etc.
- Consulting bibliography about Salvador Dalí (books, stories, videos, DVDs, CDs, etc.) and internet: www.salvador-dali.org.
- Completing the “Dalinian Triangle” with visits to the Dalí Theatre-Museum in Figueres and the Salvador Dalí House in Portlligat.
- Salvador Dalí. Colouring Album, Carme SANGLAS, DAS edicions, Figueres, 2001 (Catalan, Spanish, French and English). 3rd edition.
- Petit Diccionari Dalí (Brief Dalí Dictionary), DAS edicions, Figueres, 2001.
- Dalí and the Path of Dreams, A. OBIOLS, Ed. Lumen, Barcelona, 2003 (Catalan, Spanish and English).
- Salvador Dalí, Paint Me a Dream, M. GISBERT, Ed. Serres, Barcelona, 2003 (Catalan, Spanish, French and English).
- Descobreix el joc de Dalí (Discover the Dalí Game), A. RIVEROL, Ed. Destino, Barcelona, 2004 (Catalan and Spanish).
- Lucia in Search of the Lioness’s Tracks, Marina GARCIA, Ed. Serres, Barcelona, 2004 (Catalan, Spanish, French and English).
- Dalí by Dalí, DVD, Barcelona Multimèdia/ Gala-Salvador Dalí Foundation, Barcelona, 2003 (Catalan, Spanish, French, English, German and Italian).
- Dalí’s Games, CD-Rom, Barcelona Multimèdia/ Gala-Salvador Dalí Foundation, Barcelona, 2003 (Catalan, Spanish, French, English, German). For children aged 7 to 9/10 years.