The Mystical Rose Madonna
Cat. no. P 794
The Mystical Rose Madonna
- Oil on canvas
- 71 x 71 cm
- Signed and dated lower right: Dali / 1963
- Fundación María José Jove Art Collection, A Coruña
- Vincent Price collection. De Sears & Roebuck Company, New York
- Auctioned at Christie's, May 1986
- Nahmad collection
- Helena de Saro collection
Vincent Price, curator of the art collection of Sears, Roebuck & Co. in New York, commissioned a work from Salvador Dalí for the collection. This painting was shown in a number of the firm's stores throughout the United States, but as we do not know for certain where or when these shows were held, the exhibition section is empty.
- "That's a $25,000 Dali", Press, 10/06/1964, Riverside, Calif., n. p. (indirect image)
- Camille Mcdonald, "Sears Fine Art Exhibit Scores Success", Sun-times, 23/06/1964, Chicago, Ill., n. p. (indirect image)
- "[Salvador Dali's «The mystical...»] (il.)", Inquirer, 25/11/1964, Philadelphia, Pa., n. p. (indirect image)
- "Dali dazzles art shoppers, ocelot keeps crowds discreet", Long Island Press, 26/02/1965, Jamaica, N.y., n. p. (indirect image)
- "[Salvador Dali, standing...] (il.)", Centre Island News, 09/03/1965, Hicksville, N.y., n. p. (indirect image) (detail)
- "The lost art", News-call-bulletin, 17/06/1965, San Francisco, Calif., n. p. (detail)
- Harry Tessel, Howard adelstein, "«Lost» art collection found", Herald-examiner, 17/06/1965, Los Angeles, Calif., (indirect image)
- "Mistery Solved (il.)", Tribune, 17/06/1965, Tulsa, Okla., n. p. (detail)
- "Painting Missing (il.)", Sun, 17/06/1965, Durham, N. C., n. p. (detail)
- "«Missing» Van Carrying $135,000 In Sears Art Works Is Located", Star, 17/06/1965, Tucson, Ariz., n. p. (detail)
- [Painting Found- Salvador Dali...(il.)], Record, 17/06/1965, Hackensack, N. J., n. p. (indirect image)
- "Missing Art and Van Found in Alhambra", Press Telegram, 17/06/1965, Long Beach, Calif., n. p. (detail)
- "Police Solve Art Mystery", Evening World Herald, 17/06/1965, Omaha, Nebr., n. p. (detail)
- [One of our vans...(il.)], Bulletin, 17/06/1965, Providence, R. I., n. p.
- "Painting overdue", Cedar Rapids Gazette, 17/06/1965, Cedar Rapids, n. p. (detail)
- "Misssing art and van found in Alhambra", Press Telegram, 17/06/1965, Long Beach, CA, p. 5 (detail)
- "Vanished art treasures blamed on lost weekend", Oregonian, 18/06/1965, Portland, Oreg., n. p. (detail)
- "Vincent Price Art To Be Shown Here", Press, 21/09/1965, Pittsburgh, Pa., s .p. (indirect image) (detail)
- "Famous Art Collection To Be Viewed in Pittsburgh", Observer, 28/09/1965, Warren, Pa., n. p.
- "Guild Shop of Church To Hold Open House", Life, 21/04/1966, Wilmette, Ill., p. 84 (indirect image)
- Robert Descharnes, Gilles Néret, Salvador Dalí, 1904 -1989, Benedikt Taschen, Köln, 1994, p. 547
- Estrella de Diego, Marta García-Fajardo, Amparo López Redondo, Qué hace esto aquí? Arte contemporáneo de la Fundación María José Jove en el Museo Lázaro Galdiano, Fundación Lázaro Galdiano | Fundación María José Jove, Madrid | La Coruña, 2011, p. 39 (indirect image), cover (indirect image)
The copyright on Salvador Dalí's works, included those that are reproduced in this Web page, is held by the Spanish State and has been granted in exclusivity to the Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí.
Pursuant to intellectual property laws in force, the total or partial reproduction, distribution, transformation, public communication, interactively making available to the public, as well as any other exploitation, by any means, of the works included in this Web page is prohibited.
Any exploitation of Salvador Dalí's works is subject to the prior application and clearance of the relevant licence issued by VEGAP (tel. 91 532 66 32 and 93 201 03 31 ; www.vegap.es). Copyright infringement will be prosecuted according to Laws.