Cat. no. P 469
- c. 1934
- Oil on wood panel
- 24 x 18 cm
- Unsigned and undated
- The Ulla and Heiner Pietzsch Collection, Berlin
- Georges Hugnet, Paris
- Galerie Jeanne Bucher, Paris
- Galleria La Medusa, Rome
- Dr. Francesco Anfuso, Rome
- Auctioned at Sotheby's, London, June 30th 1981
- Galerie Rudolf Zwirner, Köln
This painting was first documented with the title "Pintura" in the catalogue for the exhibition at Knokke Le Zoute, held from July 1st to September 10th 1956. However, in August 1970, this work was titled "L'alerta" by Dalí, as documented in the catalogue published for the exhibition held in Rotterdam from November 21st 1970 to January 10th 1971. Although this painting is traditionally considered from 1938, the iconographic elements correspond to the ones in paintings from 1934. For this reason the artwork has been moved to the 1934 period.
- 1956, Knokke Le Zoute, Casino de Knokke Le Zoute, Salvador Dalí, 01/07/1956 - 10/09/1956, cat. no. 28
- 1970, Rotterdam, Museum Boymans-van Beuningen, Dalí, 21/11/1970 - 10/01/1971, cat. no. 66
- 1989, Stuttgart, Staatsgalerie, Salvador Dalí, 1904-1989, 13/05/1989 - 23/07/1989, cat. no. 202
- 2004, Venezia, Palazzo Grassi, Dalí, 12/09/2004 - 16/01/2005, cat. no. 137
- 2009, Berlin, Neue Nationalgalerie Berlin, Bildertraüme: die sammlung Ulla und Heiner Pietzsch, 19/06/2009 - 22/11/2009, p. 108
- Salvador Dalí, Éditions de la Connaissance, Bruxelles, 1956, p. 28
- Dalí, Museum Boymans-van Beuningen, Rotterdam, 1970, il. 66
- Salvador Dalí, 1904-1989, Gerd Hatje, Stuttgart, 1989, p. 258
- Los Dalís de Dalí: colección del museo nacional centro de arte reina Sofía, Centro cultural, Arte contemporaneo, México D. F., 1990, p. 34
- Robert Descharnes, Gilles Néret, Salvador Dalí, 1904 -1989, Benedikt Taschen, Köln, 1994, p. 313
- Dalí, Bompiani, [Milà], 2004, p. 229
- Bildertraüme: die sammlung Ulla und Heiner Pietzsch, Prestel, München ; Berlin ; London ; New York, 2009, p. 108
- Dali : poetics of the small, 1929-1936, Meadows Museum, Dallas, 2018, p. 124
The copyright on Salvador Dalí's works, included those that are reproduced in this Web page, is held by the Spanish State and has been granted in exclusivity to the Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí.
Pursuant to intellectual property laws in force, the total or partial reproduction, distribution, transformation, public communication, interactively making available to the public, as well as any other exploitation, by any means, of the works included in this Web page is prohibited.
Any exploitation of Salvador Dalí's works is subject to the prior application and clearance of the relevant licence issued by VEGAP (tel. 91 532 66 32 and 93 201 03 31 ; www.vegap.es). Copyright infringement will be prosecuted according to Laws.